Do you believe in spirits?

Favorite Answer

Only the ones found in alcohol, though I suspect you mean the other worldly kind of spirits. Are you willing to set up an Official Scientific Study of people that investigate if 'brain waves' have a frequency, similar to radio waves, that certain people can 'read' or receive?

I can't see how you can 'logically' believe that 'dead people' could survive in any form, other than memories.  However it's an interesting concept and I'm sure many people do actually believe in them, even without proof, as there are many different strange stories that people tell you about.....

• Tropos

Based on all evidence we do have, agency is an emergent property of a calculating structure(a brain organ), which has developed in an organism over millions of iterations in a particular stable environment. "Spirit" assert agency, but it's detached from any calculating structure. While all evidence shows that such a structure is a requirement for the implied agency. So no, I don't believe in things with only conflicting evidence, and that includes the religious, agent, concept of "spirit."

• TB12

Only if they come in a bottle at 90 proof.

you mean like the HOLY SPIRIT or like the Johnnie Walker kind