JSG asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

When referring to more than one entity is "physical appearance" singular or plural?

Hi. Let's say you have two people, Bill and Ted. You want to ask and/or talk about how they look.

Would you say, "Bill's and Ted's physical appearance" or "Bill's and Ted's physical appearances"?

Please help. Thank you.

2 Answers

  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you are talking of Bill and Ted as a couple, then use the singular "physical appearance". If you are referring to them separately, use the plural, "physical appearances".  If you are talking informally rather than writing formally, using the singular would not matter as listeners would understand your intention.

  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Appearance. No S

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.