Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Why there so many "basic" young women these days?

Every 21 year old college girl is the exact same. They all buy the same clothes, talk the same, like the same types of things, have the same beliefs, etc

Favorite Answer

I'm 22 years old - I qualified as a dental nurse 2 years ago, I work 5 days a week - very long hours. Someone like me doesn't have time for gossip and shopping. The reason why they're like this is because college Is basically that, gossip and drama - they're just not mature yet. Give them a job and their priorities will change trust me. I don't even have time for friends - just about for my dog.

• Barry

It's 'herd complex'. Or 'monkey see monkey do'. I expect they all gawp into their over priced smartphones all day too.

They are afraid to stand out. They don’t want to be the odd one out and to be judged for being different. They want to belong and would rather be like everyone else and conform to societal norms. It’s a safety net.