Alyssa asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

SW 10 gal reef tank fish?

I am starting up my 10g nano reef tank and I wanted to add a par of clowns w/ pistol shrimp/goby pair. However, I have taken quite an interest in six-line wrasses. Would it be possible to add one clown, the wrasse, and the shrimp/goby pair? 

Instead of six-line could I do a pink streak? I have heard they are more peaceful and stay smaller.

• kswck2

What is the point of a 10 gallon reef tank if it is for show? It is, isn't it? 

I am a proponent for nano saltwater aquaria but that is too much for a 10g. My reefing forum does advocate for a single ocellaris in a 10g, though I’ve bred them and they can get quite large. 

Six line wrasses are beautiful but jerks, especially in smaller tanks. I’d start with a 40b for them. 

For a 10g do a white ray yasha goby and a proper commensal pistol shrimp, you will not be disappointed.