My laptop won't charge! HELPPP!?

I replaced the battery and AC adapter.

The laptop blew out the power in the house and it still turns on but won't charge.

If it's the motherboard/charging circuit, how would I fix that? I know it's expensive to replace the motherboard and I want to avoid doing that but is there a way to fix it?

Also, I have to press the on switch 30 times for it to turn on and I think that's related.

It's custom built, there is no other one like it in the world so I can't buy another one for spare parts on eBay.

I'm asking because I want to learn about electronic repairs.

And it DID cause a powercut!

friend even if the little charger that powers your laptop was to get directly shorted out it might flip one breaker it's certainly not going to make the entire house go out unless the entire house runs off one 15 amp breaker LOL. You got a power surge either from lightning or from overloaded grid it looks like you have a Panasonic toughbook there I'm sorry that you went and spent money on a battery and on the charger what you should have done was gone on eBay and got yourself another Panasonic toughbook take the hard drive out and use the ram if there's any spare slots. I can't tell by looking at the particular picture you have what your model number is but the picture I'm showing you is the entire working toughbook laptop for only $125 you probably spent that much for the battery in the charger and it still doesn't work. Well you know what to do go on eBay and find your exact same model number and swap out the hard drive

you can't fix that -- it's a technician level problem

• keerok

Bring it to the service center.