Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Do I have the right to be upset with what my husband said to me?

I accidentally broke something that wasn't a big deal. I was trying to clean it because there was so much dust underneath it. I broke that thing and he came in and started yelling. I understood why because hes going to have to fix it. After he was done fixing it, he still kept nagging and telling me that if I broke it, he would have to pay $300 to fix it and I should be glad it's ok. The thing that I broke is heavy and it almost fell on top of me and I told him that. He told me that he would just take me to the doctor for free but if I broke that thing, it would cost him and he would rather it fall on me than break. 

I pretended to laugh but I was actually hurt. I feel like he's out of love with me because we never communicate. He's fed up with me because I've been having infertility issues that we are working on. The doctor told me its very possible for me to get pregnant but it will take time. Hes been really cold and distant from me. Hes always commenting on how fat I am and how unattractive I am (I'm not even fat, I'm 5'6 and I'm 150lbs) I think he hates me because I cant bare children. Should i just let him go and live his life? We're both only 26 and we've been married for 2 years. I love him but I'm unsure what he feels. I ask but he ignores me every time. 

• David

"I'm not even fat, I'm 5'6 and I'm 150lbs"    OMG.    You are more than 25% over your natural BMI.  To put that in perspective, if you gain another 5% you will be morbidly obese.  I think this is a matter of perspective.  The average American is indeed obese.  So you look around and almost 100% of the people around you are as large as you are (if not larger) so you think to yourself..   "I'm not fat".    Lady, by world-wide standards...if you lost 30 pounds, you would still be significantly overweight.  Please don't kid yourself that being the same size as everybody around you is OK.  It's not healthy.  Before you think I'm trying to insult you or fat-shame you, know this.  If you don't do something about changing  your lifestyle now...then in ten years from now you will be suffering from diabetes and complications like heart problems.  I'm trying to SAVE YOUR LIFE by telling you now that you are ummmm...FAT.  That is the honest truth and one that you must come to terms with NOW, if you value your life.

This sounds pretty toxic. I'd start by getting yourself in a better place emotionally and physically so that if you separate you can move on quickly if it gets to that point. Maybe he is going through a tough time too, and that's why he is so cold, but at some point, without communication, its not going to work.

So does he have any redeeming qualities, or do you just enjoy being treated like garbage by the person whose supposed to love yo more than anyone else?

You definitely need to get a backbone and start sticking up for yourself. You are his partner not his slave. Verbal abuse shouldn't be tolerated, especially not from your husband. He wouldn't speak to a stranger the way he speaks to you, and if  he can't figure out how to give you the respect you deserve, you should absolutely consider divorcing him.

I am wondering why you are even with such a useless tool

Divorce him, he's abusive. If someone is truly in love with you they wouldn't treat you this way, you don't deserve and you shouldn't allow anyone to walk all over you. He's not husband material, the way he treats you is hurtful, he's TOXIC. Please leave him before it gets worse. I wish you all the best and hope you are able to someday conceive a baby, but not with this guy. You maybe infertile now but it's not your fault, he has NO right to treat you poorly because you are unable to bear any children right now. Don't lose hope, divorce him and you'll find a much better man who will truly love you and be a much better father to your child, this douchebag does not sound mature enough to even be a father whining over something broken instead of worrying about his own wife's safety, he's evil.

• I dont know why you're letting yourself get treated this way. I would get tf out of that hell. Dont have kids with him or else you're gonna regret it. Pack your things and get out. Your choice at the end of the day though.

• Tj

And, you want to have a child with this man, why? Id be looking for a divorce.

No husband who truly loves their wife would say the things he did. He's cold and disrespectful, someone I would no longer want to be with. 

• marty

Yes you have every right to be upset. You shouldn't ever get yelled at for an accident.  

Leave him...now.  That's not the sign of a person who wants to be in a serious relationship and if he's this abusive before children, I'd hate to think what will  happen once you have them.  Do not expose children to a man who cannot even speak nicely or treat you well.  Gain some self respect and find a man who will love you.