Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is this normal? ?

I woke up at 2am and I saw my moms boyfriend in the room staring at me he didn’t realize I was awake what do I do? I’m 15. 

Next time he does it start screaming “stranger danger”.

Hey, it is not normal.

Go and tell your Mom.

It's not normal, tell your mom about it. 

He should not be in there. Tell your mom, keep your door locked when you are in there or are alone. I suggest if your mom doesn't take you seriously that you find a relative to stay with until she gets rid of him. He's bad news! If you decide to stay in there after that happened, make sure you place something loud in front of the door or over the door knob so that when/if he enters, everyone will hear. If possible to sneak with your phone, call your mom's phone next time he enters and you're aware of it so she wakes up and notices he is not in his room and that should get the point across.

No this is not normal

First off, he has zero business going into your room at any point! Much less in the middle of the night, when you are sleeping! Even if there was a completley innocent reason, it still was crossing some major boundary lines.

Secondly, the fact he was in your room in the middle of the night it leads me to believe he had sinister intentions! Usually when a person wants to commit a crime, they like to "scope out the scene" first, to see their best way of committing a cime and getting away with it, before actually going through with it. It sounds to me he was trying to analyse your sleep patterns, and possibly thinking through the risks of you or your Mom waking up and catching him in the act. 

Bottom line, my guess would be he was heavily considering sexually assaulting you, but in that moment something may have spooked him/and or he thought the better of it, and decided to back down. Be very lucky that THIS time, nothing happend, but I feel this predator will strike again and this time follow through if given the opputurnity.

I would say tell your Mom, but, she's probably one of those types that have such low self esteem that she needs a man to validate her, that she would choose to overlook your accusations (valid as they are) against her new boyfriend. Sorry if this sounds harsh but this type of thing is a lot more common than you think

What I think you need to do is install a motion detctor in your room! You can purchase them on amazon for $40, and what they do is they trigger an alarm when someone walks past the motion, you can set it up that the alarm can trigger a call to the cops right away and they would be there within seconds. Also, it would catch him on cam not just coming into your room, but him staring at you, or god forbid attempting to sexually assault you.

Act now before its too late.

• he. Is creepy but definitely not in love with you so don't worry. 

Tell your mom and put a camera in your room.. he’s a total creep!

tell your mom about it

Always lock your door. If it doesn't lock, you can get a simple-to-install latch at the hardware store.

Yes this is normal. He is assessing you before he makes the final move. Smelling his prey if you will.