Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

What if I see her more like a girl to marry than a girlfriend?

I was at my girlfriend's house today and her nephews (4 and 13) were there too. She waited til they woke up, made them pancakes for breakfast, called them -my boys' the little one jumped on her before we left to go to the beach and showered her with kisses. They were actually good kids, especially the elder one, and that made me fall even more for her, because she cared about her in a really motherly way though she is just 19. She was also wearing a cute sundress and it all made her look like cinderella to my eyes. She begged me to take them with us next time. But what if I want to hold her and cuddle at the beach with her instead of having the boys around ruining our moments?

• Audrey

Do not take them. Come up with some excuse. They'll ruin it for you.

• Tj

You can still have your time with the GF, but you have to keep a eye on the boys. There is not reason the boys cannot see a hug or a kiss.

The title of your question seems the polar opposite to the content of it. But if she's just 19 she's not going to be in the market for marriage for a very long time. So if you can't enjoy your time with her as a girlfriend then you probably won't have a shot at marrying her. As for wanting to mack on her at the beach... That's pretty gross and no one wants to see it. But maybe go to the beach alone some days then take the kids along on other days. At least you recognize that public displays of affection aren't appropriate for when children are around.