Sean
Sean asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles ยท 2 months ago

Can we all live by these words?

Slow down you move to fast. You've got to make the morning last. Tripping down the cobble stones. Looking for fun and feeling groovy

Hey Gumpster. Nice o see you again.ย  Hope all is groovy

@ Goat person Tripping down. Was an euphemism for wandering down a unknown street or way of life

Oh then don't hang with Motorcycle Jack-O-

Favorite Answer

No. Sounds too 'hippy' for me! Besides, with my knees, I can barely walk down a sidewalk!ย 

• I live by THESE words. Zippity Do Dah Zippity Day My Oh My What a Wonderful Dah. Plenty Of Sunshine Coming My Way. Zippity Do Dah Zippity Day

• Jesere

Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing

I've come to watch your flowers growin'

Ain't you got no rhymes for me?

Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovy

Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy

• Mrs H

Yes,ย  of course I prefer driving the cobble stones ๐Ÿ˜‰

I've read all the answers below me. Hee hee. I agree with S&G mostly Simon who had incite to mental relief. He knew there was more to us as humans than our worries, but that our worries are also our future concerns

• MJT209

I'm a massive fan of Simon and Garfunkel, and a Massive fan of South American pan flute music,

They were the only group who combined their style of music and south American music, and made it work,

So I'd live by the words of , El Condor Pasa

I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep

I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep

Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me

Life, I love you, all is groovy!

I feel trippin is different in meaning. It's exploring, wandering with purpose. It has nothing to do with drugs as Paul and Art never meant it to be. Sometimes you have to be a person of history and not innuendo.

Lets not confuse our ability to see or read the past as we are taught to make it up.

We are of a Trump reality, which is no where reality. Let's stick to history, science and learned truth

• .

And all these years I thought Paul Simon was trying to make "morning mass".ย  ย  ย 

Thanks for clearing that up.ย  ย  ย 

No, sorry, I still object to "tripping".ย  ย ย 

"Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing?"ย  ย  ย 

I draw the line at talking to lampposts and thinking that they have knowledge.

The lyrics are a palliative for living in and accepting a sick world.

Is that heavy?ย  I say, is that heavy?ย  I can dig it, man.ย  I remember that song, it's an old one.ย  Words to live by.

Edit:ย  Great to see you as well!ย  Been a long time.