Sean
Lv 4
Sean asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles ยท 2 months ago

Can we all live by these words?

Slow down you move to fast. You've got to make the morning last. Tripping down the cobble stones. Looking for fun and feeling groovy

Update:

Hey Gumpster. Nice o see you again.ย  Hope all is groovy

Update 2:

@ Goat person Tripping down. Was an euphemism for wandering down a unknown street or way of life

Update 3:

Oh then don't hang with Motorcycle Jack-O-

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No. Sounds too 'hippy' for me! Besides, with my knees, I can barely walk down a sidewalk!ย 

• I live by THESE words. Zippity Do Dah Zippity Day My Oh My What a Wonderful Dah. Plenty Of Sunshine Coming My Way. Zippity Do Dah Zippity Day

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing

I've come to watch your flowers growin'

Ain't you got no rhymes for me?

Doo-ait-n-doo-doo, feeling groovy

Ba da-da da-da da-da, feeling groovy

• Mrs H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes,ย  of course I prefer driving the cobble stones ๐Ÿ˜‰

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I've read all the answers below me. Hee hee. I agree with S&G mostly Simon who had incite to mental relief. He knew there was more to us as humans than our worries, but that our worries are also our future concerns

• MJT209
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I'm a massive fan of Simon and Garfunkel, and a Massive fan of South American pan flute music,

They were the only group who combined their style of music and south American music, and made it work,

So I'd live by the words of , El Condor Pasa

• 2 months ago

I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep

I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep

Let the morningtime drop all its petals on me

Life, I love you, all is groovy!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I feel trippin is different in meaning. It's exploring, wandering with purpose. It has nothing to do with drugs as Paul and Art never meant it to be. Sometimes you have to be a person of history and not innuendo.

Lets not confuse our ability to see or read the past as we are taught to make it up.

We are of a Trump reality, which is no where reality. Let's stick to history, science and learned truth

Lv 7
    2 months ago

And all these years I thought Paul Simon was trying to make "morning mass".ย  ย  ย 

Thanks for clearing that up.ย  ย  ย 

No, sorry, I still object to "tripping".ย  ย ย 

"Hello lamppost, what'cha knowing?"ย  ย  ย 

I draw the line at talking to lampposts and thinking that they have knowledge.

The lyrics are a palliative for living in and accepting a sick world.

• 2 months ago

Is that heavy?ย  I say, is that heavy?ย  I can dig it, man.ย  I remember that song, it's an old one.ย  Words to live by.

Edit:ย  Great to see you as well!ย  Been a long time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.