Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGreen Living · 2 months ago

Can I chop trees down in my yard?

All of them if I want right? They attract bugs especially bees. I don't want bees. Don't tell me people will get offended by my chopping them down or the city won't allow it because that is rubbish 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on where in the world you live, and the local laws there.

In the United States, for the most part, you can cut down trees on your own property if you wish. Exceptions would include city-owned trees (i.e. in the road right-of-way), if you have a homeowner's association, or if there is a conservation easement on your property. 

Best bet, check with your town hall. 

• 1 month ago

Since you're posting anonymously, I think it's safe to assume you don't have a yard (a room in your mom's basement maybe,...).

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on the law where you live. In some parts of the UK there are Tree Preservation Orders. Check with your local authority/council, etc.

Bees are not bugs, they are workers which do many useful jobs for the environment, and thus for all of us.

• 2 months ago

That depends on local ordinance. The last town I lived in regulated the removal of any tree of 10" or more DBH. Contact the city manager or the code enforcement office.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Peter
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Of course you can. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.