Jason
Lv 4
Jason asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 2 months ago

What do you think of population control?

With the developing world's populations rising at a great speed, do you feel world governments need to enforce policies to reduce the birth rate?

Update:

@y

Yes I agree, tough decisions are going to have to be made.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It is what Planned Parenthood was founded on, China was just upfront with their one child crap, eventually our infestation will be so massive that it will need to be dealt with.

• 1 month ago

I think largely depends on how it is implemented within society. The best ways to address this is education of not just women but men too, and raising the standards of living.

• 1 month ago

Rather than draconian policies, the most effective means of reducing population growth is:

A) reduce infant and child mortality

B) educate women and girls

C) increase incomes and food security

In every case where these factors have improved, the rates of population growth have fallen substantially.

• 1 month ago

I think it is a must.  I believe abortions are morally wrong and brought about by racist attempting to cull the minority populations,and they did DRASTICALLY and continue to do so by the millions each year.  I feel that Birth Control methods for women need to be revolutionized and made free to all.  I would like to see a more "Need one Take one " spots at the pharmacies with FREE condoms, spermicides,Plan B, ect ect ect that females can access for free. I feel that having a mail order service that is free of charge to the female that would ensure that she had in her hand her choice of BC would be fantabulous.  I think that we must shake this issue up and stop slaughtering babies on demand just because a morally corrupt and bankrupt democrat party has made women believe that some how it is their right to have their baby slaughtered at will so they can continue to cull the vas majority of minority born babies just as THEY designed abortion to do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ray
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It is inevitable. Our population has grown exponentially since the industrial revolution and it's not slowing down. 

Eventually, we will have a 1-2 child policy that will result in surgical infertility after the childs birth, i'd expect a lot more abortions for fetuses that show signs of developmental issues.

• 1 month ago

That would be planned parenthood and Democrats support it.

• Oiy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It is the most controversial idea in economics. The classical and neoclassical models see population as a source of growth. It will put PPF upward. But the Chicago boys see the difference. It is not the number of population and lower wage rate, but the quality of education, called human capital. However, many countries like China and Southeast Asian countries have the successful family planning policy, and reached the growth record. But in some countries like in Africa, more population mean wars and crime. Most of all to be added is environmental degradation.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Population-control is the wrong word, because it sounds like you want to control the lives of individual people.

The world is consuming more than it can grow back, not so much because there are too many poor people, but because the richest few percent of the worldpopulation consume way too much.

Yes, the birthrate going down would be a good thing. Legalise contraceptives and make them available to everybody. Make vasectomies free of charge for guys who already have children or know they don't want any.

But most importantly: give all girls enough education to have a career outside motherhood

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

free birth control, vasectomies, and abortions for anyone who wants them would pay for American healthcare and in time get rid of minority crime. legalizing drugs and treating it as a health crisis instead of a drug war also kills stupid people(no drug users means a dwindling supply) left and right avoid Malthusianism.....

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

In developing counties as India population of people has to be controlled reduced, as there are many problems less space of homes, poverty, shortage of food, starvation, all fights discrimination and disobedience of basic rules due to bias-meant in cultures.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.