Can solar energy be stored?

Or do you have to use the power when it’s there...? 

sure. migt be possible. in crystal. puree crystal appears to be the best right now. Its in structure.

3M has what they call "light gathering film" that semi stores a little.

But MIGHT is all it is now.

• John P

Electricity generated by any form of power can be stored, as your mobile phone shows when you charge its battery (Thanks for reminding me to charge my phone tonight). But storing large amounts of electricity is expensive and bulky.

Pretty much every year I spend a week vacationing in an off-grid cabin powered entirely by stored solar electricity.  

It works fine.

It can be stored, the question is whether it's worth it.  It depends on the system set up.  Here's a quick overview:

https://www.solarguide.co.uk/solar-batteries#/  

• Dirac

Sure, it can be stored in all sorts of ways.  Think about it, coal is solar energy that has been stored for millions of years.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure it charges batteries that can be used when the sun isn't shining or at night.