Times
Times asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why do so many couples have children without being married first?

Favorite Answer

I think it's because they don't want to wait till marriage and they are just all about having fun and don't realize the consequences of children they're not ready for, emotional pain, and sometimes stds. 

Because there are many selfish irresponsible self centered and ignorant people in the world.

times have changed, and some people do not care.

Our culture is changing. Since generation X, moms don't stay at home. So, public schools take over. We haven't a clue about morality. Then, the Baby Boomers had "Free" love. It's do as you want. The Black culture doesn't have a need to be married & that's popular now.

Every generation seems to want to do the opposite of what their parents did and this is just another example.  Also I think there's a basic ignorance of the law involved where some people don't understand that if they break up the noncustodial parent will still have to pay child support regardless of marital status. 

• John P

That is the least of the story. A woman living near me in southern England has 11 children by 11 different men and she is not married to any of them.

• Prince

They have the children through sinful premarital copulation. That is how it happens.

This is really not an Etiquette question. Why not move it to Family and Relationships?

Often comes down to personal choice, and sometimes the pregnancy is not expected/planned.

I wish I knew the answer. My guess is there are so many factors, that nothing is going to change.