Times
Lv 5
Times asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why do so many couples have children without being married first?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I think it's because they don't want to wait till marriage and they are just all about having fun and don't realize the consequences of children they're not ready for, emotional pain, and sometimes stds. 

• 1 month ago

Because there are many selfish irresponsible self centered and ignorant people in the world.

• 1 month ago

times have changed, and some people do not care.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Our culture is changing. Since generation X, moms don't stay at home. So, public schools take over. We haven't a clue about morality. Then, the Baby Boomers had "Free" love. It's do as you want. The Black culture doesn't have a need to be married & that's popular now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Every generation seems to want to do the opposite of what their parents did and this is just another example.  Also I think there's a basic ignorance of the law involved where some people don't understand that if they break up the noncustodial parent will still have to pay child support regardless of marital status. 

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That is the least of the story. A woman living near me in southern England has 11 children by 11 different men and she is not married to any of them.

• Prince
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They have the children through sinful premarital copulation. That is how it happens.

• 1 month ago

This is really not an Etiquette question. Why not move it to Family and Relationships?

• 1 month ago

Often comes down to personal choice, and sometimes the pregnancy is not expected/planned.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I wish I knew the answer. My guess is there are so many factors, that nothing is going to change.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.