I received an email from yahoo asking me to update my yahoo mail account. If not I will not be able to log in. Is this true?

• RW 30
    1 week ago

no thats not true. but dont hurt to update, dont cost nothing

I been getting them for 10 years,

Gave me 10 laughs 🤭 

The answer is no. Scam messages that request you to "upgrade" your email account must be ignored and deleted immediately. Never click give them your personal information to the scammers of you can risk your account to be hacked. Remember Yahoo would never send you unsolicited emails asking for your personal information.

Thank you, I had just asked the same question but had not received any answers yet.  I thought it might be a phishing scam, but wanted to make sure.

Thank you!

• Sharon

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

no, its not true, and dont do it, i once did it and got hacked into, not worth it