Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why do people move away from their families if they don't have to?

This question is geared towards the USA.  Why is there such a rush to move out after becoming an adult?  It's so much easier sharing expenses and household tasks.  Also, you don't have to worry about what to do when you lose a job.  Lastly, you never have to be alone.  I believe this should be the model for the future. 

maybe their families are abusive

The same for my kids. God bless you. ^_^

• Tj

Many people move out, because they want to live their life like they want to, not by a familys way of thinking and trying to control you.

I am inheriting my family's home and I also have no intention of moving out of it, Plus, my parents have agreed also that it is perfectly fine for me to live there permanently.

I see no point in throwing money away on rent. You'll never own the place and honestly the American definition of independence is nothing but a scam created by real estate agents.

When I pay rent to my parents it goes towards a mortgage payment. I am essentially helping to pay for a home that will one day be mine. I see this far more satisfying than throwing $1500 plus monthly towards a landlord scumbag overcharging for swampass apartment. 

I would never in my life pay that much towards an apartment that Shrek would be pleased to stay in. I've also basically opted out of "normal society" so taunts from people my age are literally non existent. I am self employed, work on my own for a few clients at a time with no one else around and it is fantastic. Office life does nothing but strap you to a desk where you don't necessarily need to be, all for that "American Dream" of independence. 

Obviously, not everyone will agree with what I am saying but I wouldn't agree with what they are saying, either. We are all different people and don't have to live the same way. Some will say my way of living is a mistake, but I could also say the same for them. All depends on your perception of life. 

It's about being independent and seeing the world.  I was in the Army at 17 and living overseas at 20.  By 25 I had vacationed in over a dozen countries.

Jobs, like girlfriends, come and go...

FWIW, MOST people who are alone prefer it.

Loneliness is an emotion...you can feel it whether you are alone or on a crowded bus.

Model for the future?  FWIW, that tells me an awful lot about you without ever having met you.  You're a dreamer.  It's OK.  We've all been there...when we were young.  Just try to be prepared when face reality sets in. Good luck.  ; ' )

cause some of us were abused either emotionally or physically so we're left with no choice