Is Brie a strong flavoured cheese?

I'm making a cheese sauce and i don't know how much cheddar to replace with Brie. The current ratio is 225g matture cheddar and 50g Parmesan. Would 100g Brie 125g mature cheddar be too much? 

• denise

Brie is a mild soft cheese, with the white crust [edible] on the outside, I wouldn't melt into a sauce. Its better in a sandwich or melted on top of a dish.

Not all of it is. But the best cheese is the one which just has literal live flying cockroaches crawling all over it.

No, it's mild, so mild that I wouldn't bother putting it into cheese sauce. You wouldn't even know it's there.

Brie is a VERY mild flavoured, creamy cheese.

• Brie is considered a mild fresh cheese, although it’s a turnoff for some people who’ve never tried it before. It’s considered mild compared to something aged, much firmer, and way more pungent like whole Parmeggiano reggiano, pecorino romano, Gorgonzola. I’d say Brie is a step above mozzarella, but below provolone in terms of intensity

• kswck2

It really is a mild flavored cheese. But many people do not like it because they think that eating the rind is somehow disgusting. 

Brie, in my opinion, is not strong at all. It's mild tasting when it's chilled, and takes on a little nuttiness when it's warmed/melted. The rind is what's very strong in Brie, but the actual cheese itself is mild.