Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

It’s been 4 weeks since comments were disabled. Do you like it or not? Why?

Favorite Answer

I think it should be an optional feature.

Why be afraid of free speech? Free speech and debate are healthy. 

I barely noticed.  Perhaps it could be made permanent in Politics, and Religion & Spirituality.  At times, I wish the feature was still available in less controversial areas like Math and Science, then people could add corrections like "I think you meant 2x rather than x^2," which are helpful.  But if that were the case, perhaps Political trolling would just start to post in any category that was unrestricted.

FINE WITH ME....NOW LETS GET RID OF BLUE COWARDS!!!!!!!!!

• David

It's has mixed bad and good.  One one hand, I don't get the "corrections" to my answers by people with different faith beliefs trying to start an argument. So that's ok. 

OTOH, there are at least 50 users on here who have me blocked so I can't reply to their questions or answers.  This means I am unable to point out the errors in their claims.  I used to be able to make my comments by commenting on another user when I couldn't answer directly.  I miss that.

• 🦋

Doesn't bother me

glad it is gone because I got tired of some getting rude. they think because they are behind a computer that they can say and do anything they want

• rodcom

All that has happened is that all the trolls have come to yahoo answers instead.

What I do not like about Yahoo answers though, are that people can block you from answering.  There are some posters on here "Anonymous", who block every single person who does not agree with them, making it appear that everybody agrees with them.  I prefer the mute method of Yahoo News Comments, where you can just mute the idiots, but everybody else can read their comment.

There was an insane moron who I blocked but he would write comments about questions I asked and he would put his comments on everyone's else comment. He was insane and very stupid. Now it's not a problem. He is now totally blocked and he can't advertise his stupidity anymore.

It further reduces the value of the board.

Christians love it, now nobody cal call them on their deceptions, they lie with impunity now.  This used to be a half-decent Q&A blog.  Now, with all the "improvements", it has been reduced to a playground for trolls and other unsavory types.

The more they "improve" it, the worse it gets.

OH Chi girl, with another stupid comment.  I surely with you had the guts, and/or brains to engage.  I would love to tear your lame arguments to bits on a public board.  But you simply lack the acumen to engage, other than infantile remarks.  So self-important, so self-deluded.  A legend in your own mind.