Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 2 months ago

Why can't some American men find fat women atttactive?

A lot of American men think that fat women are ugly. These kind of American men tend to date Thai, Russian Ukrainian women because women in those countries aren't brave enough to fight unrealistic beauty standards. American women are fat and happy because they don't confirm to patriarchal beauty standards set by media. 

Fat women are beautiful like all women. Some American guys don't get it.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

People don't choose what to be attracted to. So called "chubby chasers" just turn out that way and so do those who prefer a more fit partner. 

• 2 months ago

Because they are

• Tom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on what you call FAT.  A few extra pounds means nothing so long as she still is SHAPED like a woman.---having some sort of a waist separating the upper from lower parts is just fine even if she calls herself "fat"----the unattractive ones have no waist line at all just a big stomach and don't look like women at all---THAT is what I call fat.

No man wants a "Skeleton" either--like she came from a concentration camp.  There ARE limits to "thinness" too---its best to err on the heavy side than the thin.  If you still look like a woman you will do OK.

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Each opinion about what is physically attractive is equally valid.  Your statement that fat women are beautiful is no more or less correct than when someone says fat women are not attractive at all.

People need to get over the idea that attraction or lack thereof is somehow personally directed at them, it isn't.  When person A isn't attracted to person B, it isn't like there is some sort of personal vendetta going on, person A's lack of attraction doesn't affect person B's prospects at all.  There are almost 8 billion people on this planet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because they have been programmed by both nature and the media not to. It's hard to get around things that are programmed into a guy from the time he can sit up and take bottle, or a nipple as the case may be.

• 2 months ago

Fat women are not attractive at all.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can't tell someone what to find attractive. Fat is unnattractive to Americans of both genders with the exception of chubby chasers. It looks unhealthy and it is unhealthy. I am an American woman who is not fat because I watch what I eat and exercise.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.