Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

What's the longest you've ever gone without wearing socks? ?

I don't like wearing socks and hardly wear them.  I've gone maybe 4-5 months sockless, is that odd or weird? 

Favorite Answer

the whole summer   .

this might be the longest its' been. I'm not sure. 

• Cee

About three months.

• e9601:

I love socks! But all summer long, I don't wear them.

• LM440

I've gone about six months mostly because I live in a climate that has cold winters.  In a more appropriate climate I would never wear socks.

Years ago when I was a child, about 2 days before I finished 5th grade back in the mid 80s my mother made me not wear socks in my sneakers that whole summer and she even took my socks away because she stated it was too hot for socks.  Those sneakers were my favorite sneakers and they had such a bad smell after I would take them off my feet, and at the end of that summer I had to throw them away due to the bad odor. 

I also hardly wear socks in my sneakers, and I haven't worn any since mid January. This time of year I wear sandals. I am very much like you I do not like to wear socks. 

• Edwena

You are bragging that you have shoes.  Think of all the people in the world who do not have shoes.   If you don't have shoes, you don't need socks.   But, since you do have shoes, you are also revealing that you are a slob.  You never dress up enough to go anywhere decent.   We can also conclude that you are white, and revealing "systemic white privilege".   For you information, there was a time when such a slip up of something like this, but showing you lack of understanding of communism could get you shipped to Siberia.  Read the book "Children of the Arabat" for an education of what where the US democrat liberal will take you.  Luckily he had a pair of boots.  Siberia is no place for bare feet.

I wear socks everyday. I'm not a weirdo.