Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 months ago

Do major appliances need to be disposed of to get rid of a roach problem?

I know the electric stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, washing machine and clothes dryer were replaced less than a year before my grandma went into a nursing home. 

I guess nobody checked the refrigerator because when I opened it, it was still full of spoiled food and bugs.  The dishwasher was full of dirty dishes but hadn't been run and was also full of bugs.  I really hadn't paid attention before, but the whole house seems to have a serious infestation.  I went to a farm supply store and bought Demand CS and Gentrol IGR (insect growth regulator).  Had to tell them I was a farmer and was spraying my barn.  I sprayed all around the inside and outside of the house giving a heavy dose to the Kitchen, Bathroom, Laundry area and Basement. 

At this point, the only reason to have an estate sale would be to get rid of unwanted stuff.  My dad seems to think everything needs to be sold to get rid of the roach problem. 

We are looking at have a household sale, dispose of everything or try to clean it up.  If we do it as an estate sale, then the auction company has to clean all the contents out of the house.  My dad said he would buy new appliances but then I would have to make payments to him and I don't like that idea. 

Being able to keep the house and fix it up will help keep me from ending up homeless. 

I smell a TROLL. No bugs can get in or out. They die. So the bug "story" is a LIE. Not a good lie either.

Dishwasher also has a rubber seal so nothing gets inside of it otherwise it would be spewing water when it ran so ANOTHER LIE

Roaches hang around where there is food. so behind the stove.  They would have left too because they need people to open up those tight places to take out food and then drop crumbs to the floor for them.