Why did Britney Spears shave her head?

I never understood it and I'm curious.

interesting, thanks :)

• Danny
    Favorite Answer

Very different theories on why she shaved her head as she did it for publicity, did it because she had a breakdown so just shaved it off.

Another theory is that her hair was falling out (possibly from drugs or the breakdown) so she shaved her hair off so people wouldn't notice her hair falling out.

• 3 days ago

Although there are many theories there are also many actual facts involved.

She became famous at a young age every move she made was watched reported on and judged. She gave birth on Sept. 06 She filed for divorce in Nov. 06She suffered a serious loss of a family member in Jan. 07 (her aunt who she was very close to died of ovarian cancer)She entered rehab facility in Feb. 07 - which she only stayed in for one day. Eye witness accounts for more than one person say. She attempted to see her children after leaving rehab was refused which sent her spiraling. She then went to a salon while the stylist tried to persuade her to not shave her head. She grabbed the clippers and started shaving it herself. Based on all the above information I would say she was likely suffering from post partum depression after having her oldest son. She had several instances being heavily criticized including the no car seat ride with her baby. She then got pregnant again right away which lead her down a spiral of hormonal emotions. That compiled with many other emotional trauma events caused her to have a meltdown. 

Because she is coo coo for Cocoa Puffs!!!!

Bipolar depression can make you do strange things. I did the same thing about a month before she did (seriously bad depression and an intense feeling of not being good enough, so why not shave the hair and be even less attractive..or so your mind would have you believe.) sad, but unfortunately if you're not getting the help (medical or therapy) you need to deal with mental health issues, you're gonna end up doing things like that and sometimes worse. I've never particularly liked or disliked the woman, but I felt a kind of kinship for her as I have bipolar myself so I  can relate on some level. 

She ran out of things to shave.

• Boy

she is a druggie redneck what do you expect?

• Kathy

To get noticed and publicity.

• Brian

She had a Mental Breakdown.

She was in a custody battle with Kevin Federline at the time and I think she was afraid the court would require a hair follicle drug test which she knew she would fail at the time. By shaving off all of her hair she simply eliminated that possibility.

• y

She has head issues, mental health issue, could be from a number of reason but it is what happened to her.