What are your thoughts on The Bullet Club?

With these incarnation:

Devitt's Leadership: Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson, Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, Doc Gallows, and The Young Bucks

Styles' Leadership: AJ Styles, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, The Young Bucks, and Yujiro Takahashi

Omega's Leadership: Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, The Young Bucks, Hangman Page, Tanga Loa, Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale, Marty Scurll, Yujiro Takahashi, and Adam Cole

White's Leadership: Jay White, Gedo and Jado, Chase Owens, Tanga Loa, Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Taiji Ishimori, Hikuleo, and Robbie Eagles

Evil's Leadership: Evil, Jay White, Gedo and Jado, Chase Owens, Tanga Loa, Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Taiji Ishimori, Hikuleo, Kenta, Dick Togo, and El Phantasmo

• Candle
    Favorite Answer

Devitt's Leadership; I think this is the second best incarnation.  While they weren't entirely dominant and Devitt never quite established himself as a Heavyweight threat, I'd say it was still quite an original concept at the time.  I always think of this faction as the pre-Bucks Bullet Club honestly, even though they came in at the tail end of Devitt's run as leader.  Still, up until AJ joined the Bucks weren't a complete monster driving force behind Bullet Club's image and the crotch chops and too sweets weren't as commonplace as the finger gun quite yet.  Still, without proper heavyweight representation capable of taking away the big gold, it wasn't quite the best incarnation talent wise.  Devitt was good, Anderson was good, and Yujiro Takahashi is pretty underrated.  The rest were meh.

Styles as Leader brought them into the mainstream limelight.  Devitt's run on top was short and made some noise, but AJ was a big acquisition for New Japan and Bullet Club.  Bucks were also starting to buzz around this time a lot more, and were still having matches where they weren't leaning on the 'greatest hits' formula.  AJ won the gold, the image of an invading gaijin faction felt more present than with Devitt's run, and overall they had more gold and more prevalent runs.  There was a body for every division, and they ran roughshod over most of them.

Omega as feuding leader with Cody and Tama was a good run, but it quickly became all about The Elite and less about Bullet Club.  The faction as a whole sort of became a parody of itself at this time despite winning the big important matches and lending credibility to the gold they held.  They also took hold of ROH at this time and made their presence known in a big way, dominating every card the company ran to a detrimental point.  They also over-recruited with guys like Adam Cole coming in for a cup of coffee.  Cody Hall, a tenured member throughout the faction's history if you look back, really got lost in the shuffle post injury along with the likes of Hikuleo.  Also, Jeff Jarrett was an honorary member at one point soooo...yeah...there were goods and bads, but it definitely suffered form nWo-itis with off-chute rebel cells and just spreading resources too thick.

Jay White's Bullet Club is the bastard child of the Elite's departure from both New Japan and ROH for AEW.  If there's any consolation prize it's the entry of guys like El Phantasmo, Taiji Ishimori, and Robbie Eagles for a short period that gave BC a much needed Junior Heavyweight presence.  Despite having Gedo unwisely choose the Slingblade over the Rainmaker, there were no major waves made.  To New Japan's credit they tried to make Jay White seem like something even before the Elite mass exodus, but he's just not credible as a heavyweight contender when stacked up against the likes of Okada, Kota Ibushi, or Naito.  I feel like Jay's grown a lot in the past year as an all around performer, but he's still not leader material in my eyes.  He's a pretender who wants to do the things Okada and Omega did.  If you book him as such, then fine, but he'll always lack credibility.

EVIL Dick Era is young and fresh, but I'm already leery over how many Japanese names are on that Bullet Club roster.  Remember when this was an invading gaijin faction?  I expect once the pandemic shields are dropped around Tokyo that Jay White and Kenta will be present to try and reassert their Bullet Club supremacy, and when that happens I truly wonder where Evil will land.  Will we get another divide in the Bullet Club ranks? be it one of convenience that sees some heading off the growing threat of New Japan USA? or will we get another civil war?  I honestly hope it's the former, because as a spread out unit this Bullet Club armada could do some damage.  Evil is much preferred over Jay White in the main event department, at least on my end of things, and having a right hand man like KENTA whose more loathed in Japan than he is outright cared about in the U.S. would definitely help re-establish this iteration of Bullet Club.  I'd love the breath of fresh air that could come from Bullet Club and Bullet Club USA becoming separate but aligned entities, mainly because it could mean giving Fale and G.o.D. a new lease in the U.S. while Evil, KENTA, and maybe even Yujiro hold down the fort at home with the army of New Japan dads at ringside and room to grow for the likes of Chase Owens, El Phantasmo, and Taiji Ishimori.  Clearly my beliefs on this happening are baseless, but that is one good thing about the EVIL Dick Era: there's room for positive speculation within the growing landscape of New Japan.

• I've enjoyed each incarnation. My favorite incarnation is The AJ Styles Leadership Incarnation.  To me Top to bottom they were a Team and Karl Anderson deserves kudo for hyping how good each Wrestler in the Team was.

The Prince Devitt version was at it's best when it was Prince Devitt, Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, Karl Anderson when they first started.