Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

Could my FHA loan be denied now?

I recently got approved for a loan and bought a house. However I understand before closing they pull your credit again. I haven’t gotten any new credit cards or loans but my score did drop 20 points. It’s still 626 now which I know is still acceptable with a FHA loan but now I have a collections on my account. It’s a very small medical collections of $1000 could this affect my closing on a home now? I’m very worried. I’d hate for an old medical to bill to completely mess this up for me. 

Yes, it could. Pay it and get proof you paid it in case the underwriter or the lender's attorney bring it up.

U have a bill for $1000 u need to pay or should have paid before asking for a loan.

Its possible they make you pay the $1000 before approving you.  I knew of a woman whose dad was cosigning for her house. She had no credit except a 5-6 year old bill for something and they insisted it be paid before they funded the loan.