Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

My bf doesn’t like my appearance around the house ?

So my bf and I have been together for 5 years and he recently told me he wish I would dress more feminine around the house, he doesn’t like that I wear baggy clothing like his sweater or have my hair messy but I honestly just wear those outfit in the house to be comfortable since I get cold very easily from the AC. I don’t worry about my hair when I’m at home because it the only time I can just let it be so It kind of hurt my feelings, I don’t want to feel like I can’t simply be myself without turning off my bf. I know he means well but I don’t feel the need to dresss more “feminine” If it means I have to be cold. What should I do?

Tell him to get stuffed. 

dump him fawk him

• jean

u have been together ror 5 years and he has just made this comment. Tell him where to go. Just as well u aint married to him

• e9601:

You're lucky he's stayed with you 5 yrs. if that's how you treat yourself. You don't have to glam up, but fix your hair and dress (warmly) in clothes that fit you and have some style.

• kelvin

get a new boyfriend as he sounds like a control freak

There is a difference between being comfortable and slobbing out. Everyone just wants to "slob out" once in a while, and that's ok, you know..the stained old t-shirt, non combed hair, unshaven, and sweat pants. But I agree a little with your BF. Every once in a while, pull your hair back, put on a fuzzy sweater with some yoga pants and everything should be cool. (I love the guy the invented yoga pants) You don't have to be "all dolled up", but uhh...how shall we say...look "good".  A guy doesnt want to imagine that he's going to be spending the rest of his life with Oscar from the Odd Couple. Good luck !

Leave him and date me I'll never judge how you look around the house. Most times I live with a girl we walk around neked anyways lol

First, immediately find a way so that you do not live together. then, dump him. never look back. he is a natural born loser.

• kristy

Tell him no one tells you how to dress

I personally think you should talk to him. 

In my opinion, partners are supposed to lift each other up, not critique and change parts of outer beauty. If you want to have messy hair and wear big sweaters around the house, then do it. I don't think he has a right to tell you that you have to put all that effort in all the time.

Yes, a relationship takes effort, but you shouldn't have to beauty up all the time for a man you've been with for five years