My 21 year old daughter swung on me and tried to hit me. Need advise.?

A child's anger and attack can traumatize parents for long time. they feel unsafe with their own offspring.

Talk to a friend or trusted family member.

Get a restraining order or get her into anger management.

rough. you havent said why. shes an adult. it can be surprising for you especially if you've had a good relationship. but if shes old enough to bat shes old enough to walk.

otherwise depending on how old she is you might need to keep something handy to beat her and her friends off. especially if shes drinking liquior or on drugs.

i wouldnt sleep in the same house with her

She's an adult. Tell her that she needs to find a new place to live. 

However, there are two sides to every story. I would like to know what you did to precipitate the behavior. 

kick her out or call the police on her

The advice started when she was 2 years of age. The rules of the game cannot be changed in the 9th inning now that she is 21. Meaning, respect and honor do not get taught after a 21 year old has swung. Do u want her in your life? Do u feel safe with her in your home? Might she do this again? If u dont feel safe and she does live with you, you call a friend and ask if they can take her in...this is if u want her to stay in your life. If not and u are at your limit, you ask her to leave tonite. If she is still unruly, you call the police and tell them she swung at you, be prepared that this is assault and will possibly start a charging court process against her leaving her with a criminal record and you with speaking to a detective about your daughter's assault. If that's not okay, call someone over your daughter respects and have them speak with both of you and try to help calm things down with an agreement and acknowledgement she will never do such again

Guaranteed there would be a take down, and it wouldn't be me hitting the floor. WTF??

• mokrie

She's still be lying on the floor if she swung at ME. I would have grabbed a frying pan and cracked her head open. 

• You should ask your husband for help.