Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

Can I put someone on my credit card if they’ve been defaulted?

My girlfriend defaulted herself from getting her own credit card. Can I put her on mine if I’m the one paying it off?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Money and emotions is a dangerous cocktail ! :)

• 2 months ago

Yes, you can given it's not her responsible for paying the bill.

But like others have said, she isn't financially responsible, so why give her access to your credit, which you need to pay off? Not your best move to do this.

• 2 months ago

Yeah, but nah.  I really wouldn't.

• 2 months ago

You probably can. But why?  If she can't pay her OWN debts, why would you allow her to use your card to run up MORE debts? That makes very little financial sense. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can, its just not smart. Let her get a discover secured card. Only takes $200.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ho. Lee. Crap. Seriously? You want to put someone who can't take responsibility for their own spending on your credit? You can't possibly be that stupid unless you are a Biden supporter. If so, then go ahead and put her on your credit, and while you are at it, just give her a durable power of attorney for all of your financial decisions as well.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If she can't handle credit and we see that she can't, why would you do something so stupid.  If she wants something buy it for her, there is no need to put her on your account or give he a card.  Just tell her your bank said that it's not possible at this time.  Tell her you will reapply next year.  That puts it off until II'm guessing you and she will have moved on to others.  Don't do it.  You will regret it. 

• Bill
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

That’s not even close to a good idea.  She wrecked her credit and you want to give her the opportunity to wreck yours?  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.