Can you help me find out what's wrong with my computer? ?

Every 30 minutes (exactly 1800 seconds) my computer randomly shuts off with no warning. I have changed my ram and motherboard, cleaned my computer several times, messed around in my power options and several other things. I can not find out for the life of me why my computer shuts off. It must be some sort of program or something but I just don't know how to find it. Is this a common problem? Is there some way I can fix this without wasting more money? 

Something I forgot to mention is occasionally the computer will run perfectly fine and never shut off. Right now actually it just suddenly started working, I didn't do anything different it just decides its okay sometimes. But I know if I turn it off and on again the previous problem of shutting off every 30 minutes will start happening again, its happened before. 

maybe the wires to the power on the mainboard aka motherboard is connected wrong. Do you have the book that came with the motherboard.

• art

the same sort of thing used to happen to my sisters old computer, I had a look at it and it was full of cat hair inside (it turned out the cat liked to lie on top of the desktop tower because of the heat from it) which was partially blocking the vents causing the computer to overheat, I used the crevice tool on my vacuum cleaner to clean the computer and it worked fine after that, if you dont have a cat then maybe the fans are broken or maybe eveything inside is covered with dust and needs a clean

It may be a heat problem! Check and make sure the cpu fan is working well and check the thermal paste between the cpu and heat sink (being that you know what you are doing!) If you haven't taken the  heat sink/fan off before have someone more skilled to do it!

• If it sometimes works just fine then becomes temperamental again it could well be that your hard drive is about to fail (if it isn't solid state). My advice is to back everything up and start considering your options for a replacement. If you don't already have one and you are able to fit a solid state hard drive then I would do so  anyway because they make your PC go so much faster.

there are several reasons for this, one is possible hardware damage and malfunction, other reasons may include wrong in software configuration in operating system, incompatibility with other software like anti virus software

its broken , get a new motherboard , sounds like a bad solder joint. or even the power supply. or maybe a fan not working , anyway an electrical repairer will work out the problem. every 30 minutes , exactly , your sleep mode.

Malware would not likely do that. 

Your problem is either a setting in the O.S. such as sleep or hibernate, a setting in the BIOS, or your power supply is having some kind of issue.

I would suggest resetting the BIOS, possibly updating the BIOS, and possibly look at reinstalling the O.S..

It sounds like an "HP" computer. I had an HP desktop with the same problem. It would run for a short period, then shut down. It appears to be some kind of built-in obsolescence, designed to fail so you'll have to go out and buy a new one. In my case, the HP monitor, keyboard and mouse also failed within a week of the glitchy tower! All stopped working properly and couldn't be repurposed on any other machine. Kaput.

With no clues from you what "computer" (model, brand, age, warranty status, operating system, power supply, video card, case fans, USB connected devices), what happened just before this problem (update, new device connected, new program installed) there is no way to give a good guess.

first, get a temperature monitor program, install and watch the temps as it nears shutoff.  I use GPU-Z for the graphics monitor and there's a similar one for the cpu.  After you determine that temperature is not the problem, use a good anti-malware program and let it inspect everything on your computer.  If that doesn't help, run Windows repair tool.  and after that, I'm out of ideas