Can someone tell me what this piece of equipment is?

The spring looking thing with the arm going off to the left then into the ground is what i am specifically talking about. I used this item to help keep one of my outdoor lamps upright when the mount broke. Years later, another of my outdoor lamps has suffered the same fate. If anyone has any idea of what this is I would greatly appreciate it thank you!

Attachment image

4 Answers

  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Try a garden center. Things similar to that are sold to help support plants.

  • 2 months ago

    Looks like a paint stirrer.

  • John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    Could be an electric fence grounder.

  • 2 months ago

    No idea but it looks like something to add stability to the metal rod from falling over 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.