Where to find a truck bed replacement?

I have a 1958 Ford F-100 Styleside or Fleetside short bedwhatever the name for that bed is, but I cannot, for the life of me, find a replacement bed. The bed is rusted out beyond repair. I checked LMC, CarID, Facebook Marketplace, just to list a few. I can't think of anywhere to look. Any help would help me immensely. Thanks😁

There are three used ones listed here.

www.car-part.com

One of them doesn't look too bad.

• F

The wooden idea is a good one, I’ve seen it done on car restoration programmes. Looks a lot smarter than the metal if done well. 

• M.

Some things for old vehicles ARE available!  You just need to research deeper.  Calling some old Ford pickup experts might find you one. 

Look through a Hemmings magazine. Some people make a flat bed out of wood when their bed is rotten or damaged in a collision. 

-General automotive mechanic since 1972

800-842-7862 / 520-574-0555 most likely not a fleetside finding one of those would be impossible.

Try your local auto recycler.

JCWhitney.com.                             

LN and Baal both have excellent ideas, you can make a flatbed or you can order up the sides, front, and tailgate, plus the wood slats if needed from multiple outlets. The other part of it is that Ford used the same box pretty much till 1972 and you could probably even adapt on a later version if needed. If you have the skill set you can even chop a long bed box down. I do understand the short bed fleetside isn't as common as the long bed, but there are options. I've got the other side of the problem, I have a 55 F-100 Stepside and I'll probably build a new box from locally sourced sheet steel because it's mostly just flat stock anyway. I also worked in precision sheet metal shops and can call in a favor or two. 

If I were in your shoes I'd be looking for old Fords in someone's backyard or contact the local clubs. You would have to double-check, but think Dodge used the same box sheet metal as Ford for a while. If you had a good welder you could chop down/weld up a long box conversion over a weekend or two. 

The vehicle is just too old for there to be a market for parts.  Try J C Whitney, a catalog company that sells car parts.

Have you considered fabricating a wooden stake bed?  A few good coats of marine grade polyurethane should protect the wood.