Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

restraining order? is this legit?

(CALIFORNIA) so long story but my bfs ex gf called him today from a no caller ID phone to tell him she has paper work for a restraining order against me that she needs me to sign. Fortunately I was with him and got on the phone with her. She wouldn’t say why she filed an order or the reasons behind it but kept telling me to meet her at his house or at the corner of his house. I told her we don’t live there anymore and I would meet her elsewhere and she said to meet her at a court house that isn’t even in her city. 

i have only spoken to her a few times before, she has all my social media blocked since my bf and i started dating so i can’t even contact her that way, i don’t even know where she lives - i’m not a threat to her. 

I made 1 finsta to see something she had posted about me on IG. 

i had to contact her about my bfs amazon account that she was using for months after him and i started dating - just to tell her to atop using it. 

I have never threatened her....ever. 

can her restraining order be real? or is it fake? 

california law states that the person serving me the order can not be her. she told me over the phone she was going to personally give them to me....so i think she’s lying 

I called the courthouse. she DID file an order but they told me the judge denied it. they said i still do have a court hearing and if i don’t show up the judge can ok the order but it’s serious drama and a waste of time. I have a job to go to 

There's absolutely no way this guy is worth all the drama. Move on and save yourself. 

You're given the information via process server.   Her motives are suspect to say the least.  Don't meet her anywhere and don't sign anything.

Don't meet her, she's full of it.  

• Bruce

I don't believe it. There is no requirement for you to sign the order, the only requirement is that it is given to you by a licensed process server. So, she told you at least two lies. 

Yes, so long as you can just prove it.

• Tavy

Re your UPDATE, you have answered your own Q. Of course she is lying. He needs to change his phone number.

• Kieth

Tell her that you will meet her at the police station, that way she can't try anything stupid.