How to get over best friend getting engaged right after you?

My fiancé just proposed 1 month ago and I have a feeling my friend’s boyfriend is about to propose. I have a feeling they are rushing the engagement to try to do things “first”. I believe they will try to have their wedding before ours just to say they got married first. How do I let this go and just be happy for them?? 

• sarah

You "have a feeling," but don't even know for sure? Why are you wasting so much energy focusing on what *might* happen instead of focusing on just making your wedding day the day of your dreams?

Even if her boyfriend actually does propose, who cares? You need to realize that the world does not revolve around you, be an adult, and focus on planning your own wedding. Seriously, nobody cares who gets married first. Except maybe you and this other girl, who seem a little immature to be getting married if you're just gonna turn it into a competition.

It’s 2020, I thought women are supposed to be all about empowering and supporting each other? First of all, you’re not even sure if she IS getting married. You’re just “having a feeling” that the bf is gonna propose. Are you two really considered friends? I’d be excited if my friend is having a wedding so close to mine. We’d be wedding planning together. Your friendship sounds toxic. Either you drop her or eventually she’ll realize the toxicity and drop you FIRST.

PS. If she ends up having a wedding first, and if this is really a petty competition, LET HER. Her wedding will be so rushed that a lot of sentimenta details will be missed. Eventually, she’s either not gonna be having a good time, or be looking back to her wedding day regretting the fact that she’s too busy trying to one-up you that she couldn’t enjoy or have her desired dream wedding.

Take a moment to recognize how big these decisions are and how petty it would be for someone to rush to the altar just to "get one up" on you. Surely you're smart enough to not be friends with someone who'd take such a life altering decision so lightly. Anyone who'd have such thoughts is most definitely not mature enough to be getting married. 

Getting married isn't a competition. I think YOU are the one competing in your own mind. That's messed up

I'd love to know how old you are.  A grown adult, especially a very happy one who just got engaged, doesn't think this way.  So yea, I'm with the rest. 

• Trish

All is fair in Love and war.

• Kelly

By figuring out the world doesn't revolve around you.

Not understanding. So they get married first, what is the big deal about that?

Really, they are not even engaged at this point and you are already jealous. 

Reset your priorities.  

Does it matter?

Your wedding day is a single day. You don't get to be the only engaged person; there's no queue for who gets to do what first. 

Enjoy your engagement and plan the wedding you want. Her wedding is hers; and it's not a competition or a race. 

• GB

If you have said yes to his proposal, you are engaged, whether or not you have a ring. However if you are so petty to think  you are in a 'race' with someone else  to be wearing an engagement ring and get married, you are not mature enough for either.