? asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 2 months ago

Are digestive biscuits popular anywhere outside of Britain, as they do not sound appetizing?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Zapata
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Digestives are appetizing! Very nice as a not-too-sweet treat with tea or coffee, but also good as a snack with a piece of mature cheddar cheese on it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

mcvities are delish and america sells 'em and i buy 'em 

• geezer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In France they call them Sable Anglais .. and YES they like them.

• 2 months ago

They are popular here in Sweden and we have several brands. I like the sugar free kinds!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In the US they are known as 'Gram Crackers', [mainly used in cheesecake bases & desserts like S'mores].

• 2 months ago

They are kind of an 'old people' cookie, but I guess they sell ok, I see them in the stores when I go shopping. I actually don't mind one once in a great while, they are a nice change to sickly sweet desserts. 

• 2 months ago

They're sold in every grocery store here in Canada. They are delicious. And they don't taste like graham crackers. I love digestive biscuits eaten all by themselves but the only use I have for graham crackers is to put them into a cheesecake crust.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Americans look at them and say Why? It is a cracker. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

This article says they are sold in imported food sections of U.S. groceries and available by mail order. Although I have heard the term before I didn't know what they were and looked it up. I've always envisioned old people having them with tea because they can barely tolerate anything else, lol. They must be pretty good with 6 million being eaten a day in the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestive_biscuit

• 2 months ago

I think India has their version, but they were under British rule forever, so there you go. Same with Australia and some parts of the Caribbean. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.