Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

do fish get depressed because they live their whole life inside a glass box?

i have a fish and he is swimming fine but i was wondering if i should release him in the lake because what if he's depressed from living in the aquarium forever

Favorite Answer

I have a smaller tank I put my fish in sometimes so I can take him around the house so he can see other things

In a way. Yes they do.

Fish psychologists deemed this topic too fishy to get a clear answer. It is the mystery of the sea.

• No idea. But don't release it into a lake or a river they will wreak havoc on the local environment. See if someone wants it or get another of the same fish for company. 

1,Many fish in the wild are eaten 5 seconds after being born.  Avoid wild-caught fish if it concerns you.

2, Most pet store fish would die 5 seconds after you put them in the wild, others may become invasive and destroy local wildlife.  

3. many fish in the wild live there entire lives in relatively small areas.   

4. Learn more about your fish and try to give it the largest tank with live plants and decorations and hide outs and companions that provide it a long and healthy life.

you may need a bigger tank.