Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 2 months ago

Is Nintendo switch the only portable console I can currently get?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Considering the form factor and the large variety of games available you should definitely go for switch. 

• 1 month ago

i think yes, no other vendor has release similar product.

• 2 months ago

YES, or you can still get 2DS XL/3DS.

Thank God I bought my Switch late 2019, it was only $330, hahaha.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you don't mind second hand consoles and games and having a lot of the online features of said games cut out, no, you can still get a bunch of old portable consoles. Nintendo are obviously wanting to push the Switch and it's games because they cost basically an arm and a leg but second hand stuff is just as good if not better since it usually gets cheaper the longer the newer console is out and I've yet to see the Switch or it's games come down in price since realise, plus there's a lot of problems with the Switch and it's online aspects.

Source(s): I've got a 3DS, GBA and recently traded in a DS
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

xbox is coming out with their own streaming service later this year.  and if you have game pass, you can play everything off the cloud.  you need a special controller and it only works on Android devices for now.  but hopefully they'll add iOS support too.  

• 2 months ago

There's also the 3DS still floating around but for the most part mobile gaming has been taken over by smartphones and tablets.

• 2 months ago

There are some 3Ds's still on eBay

• 2 months ago

While it's hard to find & practically "market dead", you might be able to find some New 2DS's in some stores, which is the predecessor of the Switch.  This is going to be getting increasingly difficult to find as they're unlikely to get restocked.

Beyond that, the Switch is the only current generation of consoles that are portable.

• 2 months ago

There are currently no other portable dedicated gaming systems on the market outside of the Switch.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can't even get that right now.

Every source we checked is sold out - both locally and online.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.