Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 3 months ago

Have you ever eaten some "big" food alone?

Christmas was over and the year was starting, I bought a Turkey from Butterball, (the lbs were cheap after holiday month) I baked and managed to eat that bird all by myself. It was a challenge fulfilled by me! Have you done something like that?

All the time, well... not 'all the time' but I do eat some fairly large meals from time to time, maybe once every four to six weeks.  Never a full turkey in one sitting, though I have thought about it, but I have done a few whole chickens in one sitting.  

No, not in one sitting.

• Judy

No, I never did that.  I would of had a normal size serving and cut up the rest in individual size servings and freeze them.  BTW, your turkey looks perfectly done.

I have eaten an entire large White Pizza with shrimp & beef 

and extra cheese, with an accompanying 40 ounce bottle of Bud. 

And, once I went totally for broke, drove to Jack-In-The Box 

and ordered a Jumbo Jack w/Cheese, an order of onion rings, 

a Fish Sandwich, 3 tacos, and a jumbo 32oz size Coke. 

DID IT !!! 

Yup, I've been there ... brought it all home, and ate it all by myself. 

Nope. I tire of too much of the same thing. The most I will do in that regard is make a home made soup and eat what I want of it and freeze the rest for later.

no, i did not it alone

• kswck2

Yes and no. I do intentionally buy too much corned beef when on sale as i make a dynamite corned and cabbage stew to freeze. 

Wow. We are a family of two, and we struggled to eat half a pork loin. I baked and sliced some of it for sandwiches, made a batch of sweet and sour pork, cooked a couple of thick chops sous vide, then crusted them on a grill and I still have two more chops in the freezer. I salute your perseverance.

• Anton

Hell yes.   I would be stupid to not buy when they are on sale -- Turkey, Easter Ham, Corned Beef.  When they have a limit of one, I have a second account.

• Olive

Never did anything like that but you did quite a challenge