Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 2 months ago

Do I need an iPad? Or do you think that the iPhone 11 Pro Max is big enough?

depends on how big you want your paperweight to be...

It actually depends on your use cases....

LOL The damn thing is goofy big isn't it! Remember iPhone users bashing android users for using tablet sized phones?

I have an 8. I plan on getting a 12 pro max when released in October.I still sometimes grumble at myself for not spending the extra money and getting an 8 plus.

I actually recently got my mother in iPad mini. I don’t use it a whole lot because it’s hers, I just set it up for her.

We have cut down.  Both have iPhone 8+, for general checking email etc, texting, mundane functional small stuff, knowing it is all SYNCHED to big machines at home - and to each other.  The big laptop for travel - gone.  The Kindle - gone.  The little Asus laptop top - gone.  Take only phones out of the house now.  At home, main desktop computer in my studio - 22 inch screen (since things must be seen in a larger screen - I work a lot with classical music scores, editing, etc.). But the 60 inch new flat screen in the LR  has a cute little Kodlix connected (wireless range extender, Ethernet to TV ) and big sound rig it is connected to.  EVERYTHING is synched, just not all different apps need to be. But doing planning - trips, financial stuff, etc. / So easy for the whole family to see and have verbal and then wireless input from their own devices, or the mouse/kybd we use even to access Internet viewing.  So - 2 cellphones, one desktop, one tiny computer(does not have it's own screen - only 5x5x1) for flat screen extras.  Great for showing travel pix to friends, but the big stuff stays put - only phones leave the house.  Get the phone - but you still need COMPUTER of decent size for real work. N Do you NEED a phone that big and pricey?

Only you know if a phone screen is big enough for you or not.

I'm of the mind set that work I need to do on a computer, gets done on a computer. For me, lots of reading, testing, copy and pasting between documents, is too intensive for a phone or tablet.

If all you are doing is FB, TicToc and Instagram, a phone should do you for most things.