Why won't my Piaggio Vespa moped get spark?

I recently bought a 1977 Piaggio Vespa moped that wasn't running. It somehow gets spark when I spin the flywheel backwards but not when I spin it forwards. I can't figure out what is causing this. Can someone please help me 

Reassembled engine with marks 180 degrees out.

“The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves, that we are underlings.” (Julius Caesar, Act I, Scene III, L. 140-141). The fault, dear moped dude, lies with thyself, that thy knowledge of electrons and magnetos doth be lacking. Here's a word to look up: intermittent. Best case, loose / corroded connection. Worst case, intermittent coil / broken internal wire / worn insulation. Me? I would take off the fairings and clean up the wiring and use my eyeballs to look for problems and tighten stuff and use a dvm on ohms and a shop manual and wiggle stuff. You? Replace every electrical thingy on the moped. You'll find it eventually.

Check if magneto is installed backwards.