Shadow asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 2 months ago

How long does it take for an international package to be delivered?

I have a pair of sandals that I believe are shipping from China though I also heard that China slowed shipping stuff a ton due to COVID 19. Is shipping still delayed and is there any new news as I ordered my item many weeks ago but still haven’t received it despite the status apparently says “shipped”.

Favorite Answer

Need a little more detail. Shipped means it has left the shipper that is all.

Three to five weeks is NORMAL for a mailed parcel. As Air traffic is down not as many planes to carry the mail.

Most of shipping time is your item WAITING to get on a plane (possibly a cargo ship but rare) and then WAITING for a Customs inspection. Just the way it is.

If you have a parcel tracking number try using it on both your countries postal tracker and China's

NO COMPANY tracks their parcel of shoes to your door just to the Post Office.

There's no fixed amount of time. Customs can take as long as they want/need to clear a package. Most things go through in a couple of days; however, I've known a few things to take as long as 8 weeks. Delays can occur if the customs paperwork is filled out incomplete, incorrectly or is missing altogether. There can also be a delay if there is a question of whether duty (tax) is owed or even if the item is legal. These days are deliveries, even domestic, can be delayed.

• hihi!

International? Could be 3-4 days. China or anywhere in Asia OR Europe, a week at least. Likely a month. Possibly never.

I ordered a computer connector wire from China, they said "delivery in 28 days" it arrived in 25. Total price $1.38, shipped free. It actually worked in its application.

Allow 6 to 10 weeks.

REGULAR shipping comes by boat, AIR FREIGHT is a lot faster.