Alex asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 4 months ago

Are Mannequin Heads Strange Decor?

I wear a lot of wigs and I usually keep them in their original bags though I'd prefer to place them on a head to prevent tangles and maintain them more. I'm moving into a new apartment and thought it may be nice to have a shelf I can put mannequin heads in with the wigs. The only concern I have is if other ppl, more specifically my boyfriend, might find it strange? When I had a dorm mate last year, she'd be surprised to see my wig resting on my bed, and my other dorm mate a year before looked scared when she saw me setting my wig up. Wigs aren't strange in my family, especially since my mother had alopecia so I never thought it was something to be surprised by. I don't know if my bf knows I wear wigs, I know some men are put off by them but one day I'll have pink hair, the next day I have a  black bob and another day I'll have long black hair with purple highlights so he has to know there's something going on. Should I be worried he'll find it strange? Is this something I should be hiding away?

No. Disembodied doll heads with cacti growing out the of the hollowed out skull cavity of each one is very creepy. And a collection of 200 of these is very creepy. And what I was surrounded by early today. Your wig stand heads are absolutely normal. 

There's no shame in wigs. If your hair color and style change day to day, surely your boyfriend knows those are wigs.

I wouldn't decorate the living room with them, but they'd be fine on wig stands in a bedroom, and better cared for than in a bag.