How to not mess up on the job with severe ADHD ?

I’m about to start this job as a dietary aide at my hospital & I’m really nervous about messing up. This is the second job I’ve ever had, my first job was at a Wendy’s when I was 16 & it was the most traumatizing experience ever. I was a cashier & I was messing up orders constantly &

it was just too fast pace & I was slowing everyone down. I was fired within a month & I completely lost my confidence in finding another job after that. It was the first time I’ve realized how mentally disabled I really was, I just couldn’t comprehend the instructions & my anxiety didn’t help either. I’ve noticed that no matter how hard I could repeat a instruction or information in my head it just would not get through. But I really need this job. I’m now 18 & I just graduated high school I cannot be dependent on my mother forever. Do you think I can handle doing dietary? I would also like some steps on how I can remember & comprehend things. If you work as a dietary aid what are some things I can expect?

Wait.  Hold up.  You worked at a Wendy's and then got hired as a "dietary aide" at a hospital?  See this is how America operates folks and that's why we're failing so badly at life right now.

Pray about it.  God has answered many prayers for me since I asked Jesus Christ into my life as Lord and Savior many years ago.  Please read the New Testament for more information.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John. 

What kind of 'reasonable accommodation ' do you need to perform this job?  You are allowed to ask for it.  Speak to HR.    Also let your supervisor know and tell them what it means...is it only anxiety when you get a lot of tasks?  maybe they will let you carry a notepad.

I know several very successful people who are either executives or upper management who have ADHD.  One takes meds...2 don't....so I have full faith in your ability to not only succeed...but to succeed beyond your wildest dreams.

(Wendy's indeed.  Having ADHD means you are too smart for stupid jobs)

Maybe go get approved for some medication

if u do not remember things  WRITE THEM DOWN

i would just try to be more careful

• Matt

You'll do fine.  This job won't be as fast paced as your Job at Wendy's was.