Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 weeks ago

Is it illegal to expose cheaters online?

I am involved with a married woman. Everything is blowing up after herbhusband found out. Now everyone is learning about this and I heard there is a website that expose cheaters online. Can I sue if I end up on the list?

Sue for what exactly?  You did it.  You admit you did it.  They can surely prove you did it.  

You can sue for false allegations, verbal or written.  Speaking the truth does not lead to a lawsuit.

Not if the allegations are true.

I'm going to assume you want to sue for slander, sullying your good name.

Unfortunately for you, the most ironclad defense is truth.

If you can prove you experienced financial harm--the basis for lawsuits--the fact that what's being said about you is indeed true means that you would probably lose the lawsuit, unless you can prove malicious intent. This is difficult and rarely succeeds.

Even if you win the suit, you would most likely win only token damages, like one dollar, because of that whole truth business.

• Eva

Sue for what? They aren't saying anything that isn't true.

Careful when you prove conservatives are the liars because they will claim you hate America.

Yes. You can sue. 

It's none of their business.