Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 weeks ago

Why do men always get a bigger sentence for the same crime ?

1. A woman stabbed a stranger over a row - gets two years for GBH. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-... Man gets life for GBH, had he been a woman he would have got ‘community order’ https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk...

Maybe because if you read the circumstances of the two crimes, they aren't really the same at all.  

Did you read both articles in full?

I just did and the man should have been done for attempted murder, not GBH but even then, the judge put a minimum term of just 8 years on him in full knowledge of his previous violent crimes.

My reading of both cases and character background is that the woman's sentence was about right but the man's was grossly lenient, I have no idea what you're complaining about here. 

There is no way that a community order is in any way, shape or form an appropriate sentence for his crime.

Welcome to the society we live in. It's just the way it is. Kinda like when my girlfriend had a mental tantrum on her dad, she went to mental institution for a few weeks. Her brother had a mental tantrum with one of his nieghbors he did six months in jail. My girlfriends friend kayla beat up her dad being off her medicine. For her it was only eviction. No jail or probation 

• Robert

A lot of things go into determining punishment including prior crimes and the type of life the person has led. So there may be more than meets the eyes in that case.  Sadly in a corrupt and awful judicial system a lot of it depends upon the judges mood on the day of the sentencing.  We have a very crappy judicial system.  

According to feminists, it's due to discrimination and the societal marginalization of men. Any outcome that is not equal must be due to societies bigoted power structures, end of discussion!

This obvious sexism in the police department must end.