My FASFA school aid runs out after this semester but I have another semester of school left before bachelors degree is finished. I have...?

I have bad credit and no body to cosign a student loan for me. What am I to do? Do these loans typically go through without a cosigner and bad credit ever? What should I do? I have a 3.5gpa with just one semester left after my fasfa runs out. Thank you

Favorite Answer

A personal student loan will not go through  unless you have you have good credit and/or annual income, full time job, collateral.   

Even with good credit at age 19/20 you would have trouble getting a private student loan. You have no income or collateral, like a home. 

What you do is work. Find the highest paying g job you can and work and save up money for school. Problem is your students loan will come due and you will need to start  paying on them too. If you have financial aid for fall take as many credits as possible. 

Try working Full time and taking a class or two at a time. 

Speak to the people in the financial aid office to see what your options are... when you say "my FAFSA school aid" has run out, I assume you mean that you have exhausted your Federal Loan eligibility and have used all the Pell Grant you are eligible for...  Personally, I would suggest you get a job and pay for your remaining credits - no need to add to your already maxed out loan debt!

go to financial aid at your school and find out how to enroll in pay as you go. Get a job and pay yourself.

• MS

You aren't likely to get a loan as a student with bad credit. Talk to your financial aid office because they might have ideas for programs or options that will get you through that last semester.  But you may just have to work your way through those final classes, and that might mean that it takes you longer than another semester to finish up.  I'd find a job ASAP, start saving as best you can, cut whatever expenses you can, and see if you can eke out a basic living while you finish up.

You can borrow money from the government or university.