Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Why did my dad buy me condoms for my 16th bday?

I just turned 16 and thus I am legal to have sex with any adult. My dad bought me a 10 pack of Durex condoms. It was a bit awkward.

• ron h

Your dad is a good man who believes that you're a good man. He believes that you can do some very good things if you don't have children too young or get sick.   Awkward?  Maybe.  But he's looking at you as a man and he's given you an opening to talk to him. Tell that you're having sex, or "not yet"   Your dad respects you--enjoy it.

Some people, both mom's and dad's instead of sitting down, and talking to you about being respectful and responsible about sex, just give condoms, in their way telling you to be careful. and do not have sex without using condoms.  which is a good idea. I think your dad does not know how to explain when and why you should have sex, and how to be careful, so the easiest thing he can do is just give you condoms, and hope you do the right thing, and pray if you do not know what to do you will ask him or someone else.  It is sad, the main people who are against abortions, are the same religious groups who worked to cut and ban sex ed in our schools.  The handful of schools, who do have some kind of sex ed class are not allowed to bring up birth control pills, or condoms, or how they are used, correctly.  

• Ya-Hoo

He's more excited about your sex life than you are

Because a lot of guys pick you up from your house and he doesn’t want you to get pregnant. He knows from your mother and from your soiled thongs in the hamper that you’re probably promiscuous. 

• Show him he got the right size

He doesn't want you to come home one day and say, "Dad, guess what?"  Either you got some chick pregnant, or you got some disease.

you need to ask him this question

Most kids don't tell their parents about their sex life so he's trying to make sure you're being safe and he's just trying to let you know that you can ask him instead of trying to sneak and possibly get someone pregnant

you should have a serious talk with your dad if you are uncomfirable with giving the condoms back to him and telling him hes interfering.

one, you dont 'have' to do anything let along even think about ....(you fill in blank) "just" because your ....(you fill in blank).

two, you dont have to 'do' anything...'just because'...(you fill in blank).

he doesnt want you to make his mistake