What is this expression means?

I wanna ask you something but I don’t want you to read anything into it

can you tell me an example of the word read into it?

thank you

• RP

In this context, to read into something is to interpret and, since you were told you shouldn't read into what you're about to be asked, it means you should not misinterpret it.

"read into" means to make an interpretation that is not stated in the thing itself.  I want to say something to you but I don't want you to jump to conclusions, to make an interpretation when there is no such thing being intended.  don't read anything into this, take it only at its surface, literally.  nothing is being implied here so don't try to find an implication.  don't look for something that I did not put there.

What DOES this expression mean?

That's not an expression; it's just something someone said.  And "wanna" isn't a word.

"Reading into" something means assuming another meaning for what's said.

• sam

I want to ask you something but I don't want you to assume anything or think too much about why I'm asking the question.