Exchanging twice an EU driver license to AU driver license?

I'm Italian, last year I exchanged my Italian driver license to the Australian one. I was able to drive just the car with it. After a year I came back to Italy, I got the habilitation to drive the motorcycle, next year I'll come back in Australia, once there, could I be able to merge it to the Australian driver's license?

I've 1 Italian driver license with car and motorbike habilitation and 1 Australian with just the car habilitation.

3 Answers

  • 3 weeks ago

    Habilitation or homologation? Inquiring minds want to know.

  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

    Just apply for an International license in Italy.  Mind you in Australia, bikes do not do good against Kangaroos and there is many of them that do not move because you are coming down the road...and you can't hang a ROO BAR on your motorcycle as you can on the car.  I know you don't have wildlife on the road as they do in Australia. When the weather turns in Australia(rain) it is a fuucking flood.

    Your one international license will do in EVERY STATE IN AUSTRALIA.

  • 3 weeks ago

    As you'll know, each Australian state is responsible for driver's licences in their particular state, and will have slightly different rules.  You'll probably find however that unless the particular state you're in has rules against it, they'll examine the rules for a bit & then apply the same rules as when a person normally adds a category to their licence.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.