Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 4 weeks ago

Credit Cards Blacklisted?

Someone had fraudulent activity going on with a credit card. Then, the person's other credit cards was closed. When calling the other credit cards to see what happened, all they said was the person will get a letter and they couldn't discuss the situation over the the phone. This person's credit cards bills are up to date, so we know that's not the problem. I've never heard of such a thing. Has anyone heard of this or know what this can be?

Who is this "someone" ?

Cards are not closed for no reason.

Most usual reason is the customer was not paying but they can be closed because of fraud too. When that happens, they send a new card. Nobody is "blacklisted" unless they do not pay for valid charges.

• Erik

A few times my bank has told me there was fraudulent activity on my card, or it was involved in a data breach.  They just issued me a new number and a new card.  This sounds like they suspect the cardholder of fraud.