About my roommate...?

I’m going to be a freshman at college, and I just got my roommate. My university only gave us the emails provided by the school, not personal. I understand that she wouldn’t look through it or know that she has an email provided by university. I found her Facebook, and I want an advice. Should I text her, but I don’t wanna seem like a stalker for looking her up? Should I wait? Please answer :(

Update: I messaged her on Facebook, and there’s no response yet, but thank you guys!

• MS

Yes, you should definitely reach out.  I don't think that's creepy or strange, and it's good to communicate before you move in together.

Yes, contact her.  I'm surprised about your university- mine sets up groups on social media platforms for students to get to know each other before they come to campus. Have you looked for her on Snapchat or Instagram? A lot of people your age don't use Facebook and are rarely on their Facebook accounts. I'm sure she'd like to get to know her roommate, too. 

• martin

It would be very polite to get in touch with her, and probably highly appreciated.