synthetic oils?

what is the difference between all brands of engine synthetic oils

• Boy

The brands causes the oil to either have good quality or bad quality, this is based on the brand

I have never had good luck with synthetic oils they make my cars seals leak 

pennzoil platinum and mobil 1 are supposed to be some of the better oils. I have no idea though. My car recommends quaker state, but i have no idea why.

Mobil1 is the oldest and to this day the best selling full synthetic motor oil on the market. The base synthetic is a closely guarded secret by all companies as are the specific additives.

Different viscosity ratings, additives, etc. - you should generally use whatever your vehicle manufacturer recommends.

im not a scientist............

• Erik

It has to do with the molecular structure.  Synthetic oil is supposed to last longer in your engine, and create less sludge.

• L.N.

Price and additive packages. There are various certifications that they can meet. As long as an oil is certified with an API rating suitable for your car you can use it. 

car go fast more oil put in car you put car oil in car you give me oil in car go fast you.

Additives when push comes to shove. Oil is oil...natural or synthetic really.