Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Is my mother a bad mother?

I have a dark and irregular-shaped spot on my hand and asked her if I should be concerned if it's skin cancer. She glance at it and nonchalantly told me it was probably a beauty mark and ended it there. I didn't want to anger her by telling her to take me to the hospital. She's a very domineering woman. But am I wrong for expecting a mother to be more concerned? Wouldn't a good mother say she doesn't want to take any chances and then rush me to the hospital?

• Carmen

As a good concerned loving parent it would of been wise for her to show more natural affection and either set up a doctor appointment or took you to the hospital just to be sure it’s nothing serious. It’s never good to just assume it’s a birthmark to find out it’s something more . You’re the child and you’re never wrong to be concerned about your health regardless of your age . Pray she has a change of heart and listens to you more. I hope it’s nothing if needed ask another responsible adult for their opinion. 

You're NOT "wrong for expecting a mother to be more concerned". A competent mother should definitely "say she doesn't want to take any chances and then" take her child to the nearest hospital. Furthermore, "domineering" is in itself a bad/negative trait in my opinion. 

Source(s): Domineering = Negative

I am a cancer survivor. I had it twice in my body, and now I don't have it anymore. I had my cancer surgically removed from my body, and I don't have it anymore.

If a person has cancer, and it spreads then he, or she is officially screwed. I heard of some treatments, but trust me when I say you don't want get to the point where you have to treat it. I personally think it would be better to remove it, and that's if it's possible to remove.

If it can't be removed then treating it would be the next option, and at this point a person would be fighting, for survival.

In my opinion, I don't think you should go directly to a hospital. Not before seeing your family Doctor, or even a walk in clinic Doctor.

My cancer was found by accident. I know what I said seems weird, but it's the truth. I never knew I had cancer until unusual symptoms were present in my body.

At one point in my life. I had, so much difficulty to swallow that I almost died in front of my mother. Hint Hint.

I was not able to understand what was going on, but someone recommended that I get surgery, and guess what cancer was found in my body.

Cancer was also found in a different area of my body too, so I am baffled about this issue, and yes I had a different problem, but it didn't have to do with me swallowing.

If you weren't.born with it, it isn't a "beauty mark."

All the hospital is going to do is refer you back to your regular doctor, don't take up valuable emergency department resources for a spot. It probably is a "beauty spot", if you are over fourteen years old, you can get seek medical care without her permission. Call up your doctor and make an appointment to get it looked at. 

If you have any other symptoms write them down and then tell her. But if you absolutely feel the need to go, call your local planned parenthood they might offer general checkups. 

Tbh wouldn’t call her a bad mother. A dark spot is a VERY common thing and I don’t blame her for not wanting to pay thousands of dollars (if you live in the USA) to have a spot inspected on your hand.

no but she shouldve taken you to the doctors

no but she needs to take you to the doctors

no cause hospital visits are expensive even if they find nothing and she probably doesn't want you to be worried.